CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

accidently deleted this one- Reflecting on the Green Scare

12/10/07

yesterday i went to the Greenscare protest, the 2nd year anniversary since Daniel McGowan's arrest.
in retrospect, I think I might have been in too good of a mood, and wouldnt blame anyone if that had pissed them off.

but yeah, a lot of people showed up, fliered a lot. some people seemed interested. other people were too busy with furcoats and sales and being tourists.

then went to the Bob Kohler political funeral. thought i have never met him in person I have heard he was real radical and did alot for HIV housing and queer communties of color. so that was cool. It was technically an unpermitted parade, so woot!

I dunno, on the way home I was just thinking of all the people I know and trust. and how unprepared I would be if anything like that ever happened to me. you never expect your friends to betray you i guess.
I mean there's some people I keep a a distance from if i dont trust them enough. but, like the people you trust with your life?
and have them betray you, the possibility doesn't even register as a real one.

0 comments: